Cherry Tree Walk Bowral

Bowral is a 40 minute drive from Primbee.  It is up on the highlands and I took Paula up there today.

It was sunny at home although a little cool for this time of the year.

The drive was pleasant enough once Macquarie Pass was dispensed with and we took a shortcut across to Bowral via Kangaloon Rd and Sheepwash Rd.  This is a magnificent drive on a deserted narrow country road which winds through the ever changing Highlands scenery.

After a nice lunch at Bowral we strolled from the main street up to the Cherry Tree Walk.  I have been meaning to come here for some time.  I corresponded with a local Vietnam Veteran some time ago about coming up and having a look, but our meeting never took place.  But being spring, I thought it was an ideal time to 'have a look'.

Well the weather was bloody bleak, just like the middle of winter!  Paula and I walked the entire length of the Cherry Tree walk, about 2 kilometres I guess; then we had to walk back to the car.

I was a little disappointed that the trees were not in bloom.  It seems they bloom late in the highlands.

Still it was a pleasant day, in spite of the weather and we will return in a few weeks time when the trees are in full bloom.

It should be nice.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

top