Great Project Car.....$4,400

Tell 'em they're dreamin'.....


Oh wait.... I spoke too soon....



This one is for sale for $7,000!  It has 325,000kms on the clock.  The seller has kindly listed the following faults..

Please note: Paint is in fair / good condition --- fuel gauge is U/S --- no front carpet --- interior roof light is damaged --- drivers door has dropped slightly --- flip down sunvisors need repair --- heat cable need repair --- front seat have some tears in vinyl.

The seller listed these extras.  They are in upper case so they must go a long way to justify the sale price.....

EXTRAS FACTORY DRIVING LIGHTS ---HELLA FOG LIGHTS --- REAR BUMPER GUARDS ---DRIVERS SIDE WEATHER SHIELD --- MUD FLAPS --- LOCKABLE PETROL CAP




It'll set you back $25,000.

It is an Allan Moffat Special, although the repaint has not been done as it was originally painted: the bonnet should have some blackout treatment

Gee I dunno why I am on about these cars.  This is the last one I had some 15 years ago.


This picture was taken by the real estate guy who sold my house in Wagga in 1996.  I came down the coast in this car which started to rust out in less than 12 months so I sold it for $1900.  It was quite a rare car - a 1978 XC Fairmont sedan with 302 Cubic inch motor and 4 speed manual gearbox..  Inside it had a brown houndstooth seat pattern.  Houndstooth was all the go in the late seventies.  It had dual exhausts and it sounded really nice.  I had a couple of these cars over the years and I'd like to have another to tinker on  and for those nice Sunday drives but boy, do the owners want plenty of dough for essentially junk cars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top