Great Saturday...

Well I managed to go to Cobar Patchwork.  I bought some charm squares for the bag pattern I bought from The Home Patch in Bathurst back in May.

Not sure when I am going to get on with it.

I drove past the shop in Nyngan but it was closed so I wasn't able to venture in to see what they had in offer.

I have my swap partner for 'Scissor Keeper Swap'.  I am gathering ideas in preparation for making my swap item(s).  I am looking forward to the challenge.  I am looking for suitable fabric and suitable designs.  I am hoping that I can get on to it the first week of the school holidays when the girls are not at home.

Today Candice worked an 8 hour shift at McDonald's.  Bridie and I worked on the lawn and went to a clothes party.  I came away with only one item!

I have cut out over half of my fat quarters in preparation for my hexagon quilt.  I am only getting half the fat quarter ready as I am unsure of how large I am going to make the quilt.  Once I have cut out all of the hexagons I am going to cover the paper pieces with fabric and glue them down.  Then I will have an idea of how many sticheries I am going to need.

I have to find my camera charger and then I will be able to take some pics and post them for you all to see.

Tonight I am going to finish the final pot from my Down in the Garden block and trace on the circle patterns and then I think all that is left is the dresden plate flower!

I am so looking forward to finished this and putting it all together.

So this weeks tasks include:
1. Finishing sewing Down in the Garden block
2. Cut out hexagons from the 10 fat qaurters, only half
3. Search for fabric and designs for my scissors keeper swap

I think this is going to be a major task so best limit it to these 3.

Stay tuned for pics,
Happy stitching.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top